If you haven’t noticed this site doesn’t feel or contain the content it once did. Today while cleaning up the back-end, I removed files contained under my old site: http://www.kevintsang.net. Little did I know my current wordpress database was connected to this site. So with one button click all the textual content for http://www.kevintsang.com was obliterated from my host’s hard disks.
Many years ago when I setup wordpress for the first time I had no idea what was going on. I just wanted it to work and when it did I was happy. Then I started fiddling with the look and feel of the site, but never really went back to try and understand how the back-end worked. Well today is a lesson learned for me and I just have to start over. Sigh.